Service Technician I, Res
D & K
Residential HVAC Service Technician
Reports To: General Manager and/or Operations Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular
Location Name: D & K Heating Service Experts - D & K
Location Address: 6833 Highway 62, R.R. #5, Belleville, ON, K8N 0L9
This position applies to UNIFOR Local 975.
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
As a member of our team, you will accurately diagnose and repair problems with residential HVAC equipment. With a strong focus on customer service and a commitment to integrity, you will communicate solutions to customers.
- Responsible for analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving customer concerns in residential environments.
- Perform service on residential heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories.
- Perform start-ups on air conditioning as required.
- Responsible for delivery and removal of equipment needed to complete service work.
- Responsible for providing excellent service to residential customers and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer concerns, questions or problems in an effective manner.
- Prepare material requisition forms to ensure proper truck stock levels.
- Other duties include performing maintenance on equipment, servicing and/or cleaning IAQ products, soldering, welding, brazing, and performing minor field fabrication.
- The qualified candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A license in residential HVAC required (Gasfitter 2 License) with Refrigeration license (313D License) preferred.
- A license in plumbing, electrical work, sheet metal, or refrigeration an asset.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and experience in the residential HVAC field.
- Able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various projects.
- Adept at servicing residential heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment, as well as related accessories.
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of customer-focused service.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and production diagrams.
- The ability to work overtime and weekend hours as required.
- The successful incumbent must be able to meet the minimum requirements for our background check criteria.
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee:
- Competitive pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions.
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs.
- RRSP Plan with company matching contributions.
- Life Insurance for you and options you can elect for your family.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work.
- World class training opportunities through our Expert University Learning Management System.
- Career development opportunities.
Service Experts is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department and we will work with you to meet your needs.