Apprentice Electrician - 309A
Spark Power Corp
1 x First Year
1 x Fourth Year
Spark Power Apprentices are responsible for helping Journeymen and other employees with their tasks and contributing to operations. Over the course of time, the Apprentice's skills will increase, and they will take more ownership of jobs and how they are run, dependent on their abilities.
What you'll be doing as an Electrical Apprentice at Spark Power:
- Deciding on the best methods for visualizing, measuring, and estimating work as appropriate for the job situation
- Deciding when additional materials are needed in order to complete required work
- Defining and labeling wires, conduits, and apparatus in order to avoid shock/electrocution
- Deciding on best routing options for conduit, wires, and other systems
- Assisting newer/fellow Apprentices with orientation and learning
- Attending Required Meetings, safety meetings and professional development sessions
- Keeping phone and barcode scanner charged and ready and truck stocked with proper tools and materials
- Loading materials, lifts, trailers, and other equipment
- Maintaining Work Order Accuracy
- Performing field work/installations
- Performing Vehicle Maintenance
Do you have the Spark? Here's what we're looking for:
- High School Diploma
- Registered Electrical apprentice – Minimum level 1
- Experience in industrial, commercial and/or institutional electrical work
- Excellent attitude with a proactive, hardworking and team-oriented personality is key!
- Valid Drivers License with clear abstract is required
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Reliable and committed to quality work and contributing to the team
- Electrical knowledge is an asset
- Positive and hardworking attitude with a desire to grow in your Electrical career
- Good numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet specified deadlines
- Adhere to all Health and Safety standards and practices
- Adhere to Spark Power's Covid 19 vaccination policy
Here are some of the perks Spark Power employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial and institutional customer base
- Growing company with consistent work and full-time hours guaranteed
- Continuous training and skills improvement including Spark U and external training certifications
- Career advancement opportunities (such as Foreman, Project Manager)
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Uniforms provided and cleaning service
- Tooling paid and $200 annual tool allowance
- Travel and Per Diem Paid
- Workboot allowance
- Corporate discounts (such as hotels, travel, insurance, retail..)
- Excellent Benefits Package with flexible options and wellness spending accounts
Who is Spark Power?
We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.