Advancing Eye Care Manufacturing
AEC Manufacturing might be our new name, but we have been a proud Belleville employer for nearly 20 years, serving the Canadian marketplace and now expanding our products to the US market. We are a part of the largest ophthalmic service/equipment provider in North America.
We offer a multi trade environment, apprentice opportunities, within a lean process workplace. Our teams’ safety has always been paramount but especially now during this pandemic, we have put many safety measures in place to keep our teams safe, including regular at home rapid testing.
We are looking to grow our team. We currently have an opportunity for a Material Handler.
The successful candidate, under the direction of the Inventory Manager, will primarily be responsible to ensure compliance with company policies and standards. Ensures orderly production and distribution of products by pulling components from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies where needed, and staging finished product final distribution.
If you are looking to build your career, have a certificate or diploma in a manufacturing-related field, technically inclined, a quick learner, then we would like to talk with you about our opportunities.
You will be responsible to:
- Ensures orderly production and distribution of products by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies where needed, and staging finished product final distribution.
- Contributes to the orderly operation of stock and/or materials storage area.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labelling, and keeping materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory, and reporting shortages.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Locates and packs materials for shipping.
- Documents materials and records units delivered and location of units.
- Receives credit-return material and supplies from production by verifying materials and supply codes, lot numbers, and quantities.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Documents product shipment by recording units shipped.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections and making operator repairs.
- Operates forklifts, pallet jacks, and other machinery to move items, or signals machine operators to move materials onto and off trucks, ships, and loading docks.
- Keeps inventory, loading areas, and machinery clean.
- Open containers, sort, and catalog materials.
- Learns and adheres to workplace safety regulations.
- Degree or diploma in a manufacturing-related field
- Three years of related experience
- Certifications or licences appropriate to manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and tools required in various assembly processes
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrated ability to operate material-handling equipment
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade
- Use of required personal protective equipment
- Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 23 kilograms/50 lbs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
At AEC Manufacturing the health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers, and all those we interact with on a regular basis in our community is very important to us. We have implemented strict measures to ensure the safety of all.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- material handling equipment: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)