Frequently Asked Questions
How Does WTW Collect Information?
What Are My Tracking Options?
How Does WTW Use The Information Collected?
What Information Does WTW Share With Others?
How Can I Access, Update, Or Remove My Information?
What Choices Do I Have About Receiving Communications From WTW?
What About Children’s Privacy?
What About Security?
What About Other Websites?
For How Long And Where Is My Data Stored?
What If I Live Outside Of Canada?
How Does WTW Communicate Changes To This Policy?
Whom Do I Contact If I Have Additional Questions Or Concerns About This Policy?
Q: How Does WTW Collect Information?
A: WTW May Collect Information From Or About You In A Number Of Ways And For The Purposes Set Out Below (Details Of Which Are Provided In The Table Under The Heading “Information We Collect, Use And Share”). Please Note That If You Decline To Provide Any Of The Requested Information (Whether Or Not Required), You May Not Be Able To Take Full Advantage Of The Services And Their Features Or Make A Purchase From Us:
From WTW’s Interactions With You: We Collect Information From And About You And Your Transactions And Other Interactions With Us. This May Include, But Is Not Limited To, When You Visit Our Site Or Stores, Use The Services, Create An Online Account With Us, Make A Purchase, Sign Up For Our Emails, Participate In Contests Or Other Promotions, Participate In A Product Review, Survey, Or Other Similar Programs, Join A Clientele List, Or Otherwise Contact Us. The Personal Information We Collect May Include Your Name, Address, Email Address, Telephone Number, Or Other Contact Information, Gender, Birthday, Age, Other Demographic Information, Your Interests, And Preferences.
From Third Party Sources: We May Acquire Information From Other Sources To Update Or Supplement The Information That You Provide Or That We Collect Automatically (Such As Information To Validate Or Update Your Address Or Other Demographic Information), Or When You Connect With The Company Through A Third Party (Including Through Social Networks) Based On Your Registration And Privacy Settings On Those Third Party Sites.
Combination Of Information: We May Combine The Information We Receive From Or About You, Including Information You Provide To Us And Information We Automatically Collect Through The Site Or App, As Well As Information Across Other Computers Or Devices That You Use, With Information We Collect Or Receive About You From Other Online And Offline Sources, Or From Other Third Party Sources.
Interest-Based Advertising And Analytics: We Work With Third Party Advertising Companies That Use Their Own Tracking Technologies (Such As Cookies, Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, Log Files, Flash Cookies, Or Other Technologies) On Our Site And App And Other Websites And Apps In Order To Provide You With Tailored Advertisements On Our Behalf. These Third Parties Collect Information About Your Activity Across Your Different Devices On Our Site And App And Third-Party Websites And Apps (Such As Web Pages You Visit And Your Interaction With Our Advertising And Other Communications) And Use This Information To Make Predictions About Your Preferences, Develop Personalized Content And Deliver Ads That Are More Relevant To You On Third Party Websites And Apps. This Information May Also Be Used To Evaluate The Effectiveness Of Our Online Advertising Campaigns.
We May Also Use Services Provided By Third-Party Platforms (Such As Social Media And Other Websites) To Serve Targeted Advertisements On Such Platforms To You Or Others, And We May Provide A Hashed Version Of Your Email Address Or Other Information To The Platform Provider For Such Purposes. To Opt-Out Of The Use Of Your Information For Such Purposes, Please Send A Request Using Any Of The Methods Set Out Under The Heading “Whom Do I Contact If I Have Additional Questions Or Concerns About This Policy?” Below.
Q: What Are My Tracking Options?
A: Certain Parts Of The Site And App Require Cookies. You Can Set Your Browser Or Operating System Settings To Limit Certain Tracking Or To Decline Cookies, But By Doing So, You May Not Be Able To Use Certain Features On The Site Or App Or Take Full Advantage Of All Offerings. Please Refer To Your Web Browser’s Or Operating System’s Website Or “Help” Section For More Information On How To Delete And/Or Disable Your Browser Or Operating System From Receiving Cookies Or Controlling Your Tracking Preferences.
To Learn More About Interest-Based Advertising In Mobile Apps And To Opt Out Of This Type Of Advertising By Third-Party Advertising Companies That Participate In The Daac’s Appchoices Tool, Please Download The Version Of Appchoices For Your Device At https://youradchoices.ca/Appchoices/
- Please Note That Even If You Opt-Out Of Interest-Based Advertising By A Third Party, These Tracking Technologies May Still Collect Data For Other Purposes Including Analytics And You Will Still See Ads From Us, But The Ads Will Not Be Targeted Based On Behavioural Information About You And May Therefore Be Less Relevant To You And Your Interests.
- For More Information About Google Analytics Or If You Wish To Prevent Your Data From Being Used By Google Analytics, Google Has Developed The Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On Available At https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ . You Can Also Obtain Additional Information On Google Analytics’ Data Privacy And Security At The Following Links: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631
- On Your Mobile Device, You May Also Adjust Your Privacy And Advertising Settings To Control Whether You Want To Receive More Relevant Advertising.
Q: How Does WTW Use The Information Collected?
A: WTW May Use The Information We Collect From And About You For Any Of The Following Purposes:
- To Validate, Confirm, Verify, Deliver, Install, And Track Your Order (Including To Process Payment Card Transactions, Arrange For Shipping, Handle Returns And Refunds, Maintain A Record Of The Purchases You Make, And Contact You About Your Orders, Including By Telephone) Or To Service Products You Purchased From Us.
- To Enhance Your Online Shopping Experience, Including To Recognize You And Welcome You To The Site Or App.
- To Send You Information, Newsletters, Promotional Materials, And Other Offerings From WTW Or On Behalf Of Our Partners And Affiliates.
- To Provide You With Customized Site Or App Content, Targeted Offers, Promotions And Advertising On The Site Or App, Through Other Third-Party Sites Or Trip Planner How To Features ContestApps, Or Via Email, Text Messages, Or App Push Notifications That Are Offered By WTW Or Other Marketing Partners That Might Be Of Interest To You.
- To Improve Our Sites, Products/Services, Customer Service, And Customer Shopping Experience.
- To Use Your Data In An Aggregated Non-Specific Format For Analytical And Demographic Purposes.
- To Protect The Security Or Integrity Of The Site And Our Business, Such As By Protecting Against And Preventing Fraud, Unauthorized Transactions, Claims And Other Liabilities, And Managing Risk Exposure, Including By Identifying Potential Hackers And Other Unauthorized Users.
- To Contact You When Necessary Or Requested, Including Responding To Your Questions And Comments And Providing Customer Support.
- As Otherwise Described To You At The Point Of Data Collection.
- As Otherwise Permitted Or Required By Law For Our Own Internal Purposes To Improve Our Performance As A Search Tool.
Q: What Information Does WTW Sell Or Share With Others?
A: WTW Will Never Sell Or Rent Your Personal Information To Third Parties. WTW Shares Personal Information With Others To Be Able To Improve Our Service And Offerings To You And To Enable The Extension Of The WTW Brand And Experience Beyond Our Site. In Addition, WTW May Share Personal Information We Collect From And About You In The Following Ways:
Co-Marketing Partners: Certain Areas Of The Services May Be Provided To You In Association With Third Parties, Such As Companies That Provide Products And Services, Contests, Promotional Campaigns, And Other Jointly Sponsored Events. Such Services Will Identify The Third Party. If You Elect To Register For Any Products And/Or Services Provided During The Services, You Either Will Be Providing Your Information To Both WTW And Such Third Party, Or WTW Might Share Your Information Directly With Such Third Party For That Third Party To Fulfill Their Products And Our Products And Services Directly With You.
Other Third Parties: WTW May Share Your Information With Select Partners, Affiliates, And Other Third Parties That We Believe May Have Offers Or Be Of Interest To You In Support Of Your Customer Experience With Us Or Others Or To Extend The WTW Brand Experience Beyond Our Site. We May Also Share Your Information With Third Party Vendors When You Purchase Products Or Services Offered By Such Third Parties On Our Website For The Purposes Of Fulfilling The Order.
Legal Disclosures; Safety: WTW And Its Service Providers May Disclose The Information We Receive From And About You To Comply With A Legal Obligation; To Provide Information To Law Enforcement And Other Governmental Authorities In Accordance With Applicable Law (Which May Include Lawful Access By Canadian, Us Or Other Foreign Governmental Authorities, Courts Or Law Enforcement Agencies), And When We Believe In Good Faith That The Law Requires Or Permits It. We Also Reserve The Right To Share Information With Legal Authorities And Other Companies For Fraud Protection Debt Collection And Credit Risk Reduction, To Detect Any Technical Or Security Vulnerabilities, To Enforce Our Terms & Conditions Or Other Applicable Policies, Or To Otherwise Protect The Rights, Property, Safety, Or Security Of Third Parties, Users Of The Services, WTW, Or The Public.
Service Providers: We Use Third-Party “Service Providers” To Perform Certain Services On Our Behalf When The Information Is Necessary For Them To Perform Their Duties Such As Sending Communications, Hosting The Site, Operating Certain Of Its Features Or To Manage And Analyze Data And Our Advertising Effectiveness. These Third-Party Service Providers Are Prohibited From Using Personal Information For Any Other Purpose And Are Contractually Required To Comply With All Applicable Laws And Requirements, Which May Include Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards If They Are Processing Or Transmitting Payments For WTW. Aggregate Or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We May Also Share Or Sell Aggregate Or Anonymous Information With Or To Our Affiliates, Agents, Service Providers, Business Partners, Or Other Third Parties For Their Marketing Or Analytics Uses Or For Other Lawful Purposes. This Type Of Non-Identifiable And Aggregate Information Cannot Be Used To Identify You Personally.
Q: How Can I Access Or Update My Information?
A: If You Have Registered For An Account, You May Also View And Update Your Account Information By Logging Into The “Your Account” Section Of The Site Or App. Once Logged In, You Can View Or Update Your Name, Address, Telephone Number Or Email Address.
You May Also Request Access, Update, And Correct Inaccuracies In Your Personal Information In Our Custody And Control, Subject To Certain Exceptions Prescribed By Law, By Calling Customer Care At 1-855-347-4697 Or Via Email At email@example.com. We May Request Certain Personal Information For The Purposes Of Verifying The Identity Of The Individual Seeking Access To Their Personal Information Records.
Q: What Choices Do I Have About Receiving Communications From WTW?
A: To Receive Promotional Offers From WTW, You Can Sign Up On Our Site Or App, When You Register For An Account Or Make A Purchase. We Provide Our Customers With The Opportunity To “Opt Out” Of Receiving Emails Or Direct Mailings Other Than Those For Purposes Directly Related To Placement, Processing, Fulfillment Or Delivery Of A Product Order Or Your Transactions With Us. We Provide You With The Following Options If You Prefer To “Opt Out” Of Receiving Information Or Materials That We Think May Be Of Interest To You:
- Email Promotional Offers: At All Times, You Have The Option Of “Opting Out” Of Receiving Promotional Emails From The Sender Only By Clicking The “Unsubscribe” Link In Any Of The Promotional Emails You Receive.
- Direct Mail Promotional Offers: If You Would Like To Be Removed From Our WTW Mailing List, Please Contact Customer Care At 1-855-347-4697.
- Mobile Alerts And Text Messages: WTW Communicates Via Mobile Text Messages To Customers Who Opt-In, Or Otherwise Solicit Us To Receive Text Messages. Number Of Messages May Vary. No Purchase Necessary. Recurring Automated Messages Will Be Delivered To The Phone Number You Provide At Opt-In. Message And Data Rates May Apply. Your Instructions To Limit The Use Of Your Information Will Be Processed As Soon As Reasonably Practicable
- Push Notifications: When You Use The App, You May Receive Push Notifications. If You Prefer Not To Receive Push Notifications, You May Adjust Your Settings On Your Mobile Device To Control Whether You Want To Receive These Alerts.
- Other Contact: In All Cases, You May Contact Us Here Or For Privacy Related Matters Contact Us At firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What About Children’s Privacy?
A: Protecting Children’s Privacy Is Important To Us, And The Site And App Are Not Intended For Children Under The Age Of Thirteen. We Do Not Direct The Site Or App To, Nor Do We Knowingly Collect Any Personal Information From, Such Children. If WTW Learns That A Child Under The Age Of Thirteen Has Provided Personal Information To The Site Or App, It Will Use Reasonable Efforts To Remove Such Information From Its Files.
Q: What About Security?
A: We Have Taken Certain Physical, Administrative, Operational, And Technical Steps To Safeguard The Information We Collect From And About Our Customers And Site Visitors. While We Make Every Effort To Help Ensure The Confidentially, Integrity And Availability Of Our Network And Systems, We Cannot Guarantee Our Security Measures. When You Enter Sensitive Information (Such As Credit Card Information) On Our Forms, We Encrypt The Transmission Of That Information.
Q: What About Other Websites?
A: Our Site Or App May Include Links To Third-Party Websites Or Apps That Are Not Affiliated With WTW. These Websites Or Apps May Send Their Own Cookies To Visitors, Collect Data, Or Solicit Your Information. The Privacy Policies Of These Other Websites Or Apps May Be Different From Our Policy. We Are Not Responsible For The Privacy Practices Of These Other Websites Or Apps And Cannot Guarantee The Security Of Any Personal Information You Provide To Or That Is Collected By Such Third-Party Sites Or Apps.
Q: For How Long And Where Is My Data Stored?
A: Your Personal Information May Be Stored For As Long As Is Reasonably Necessary To Perform The Purposes Listed Under “How Does WTW Collect And Use The Information?” And As Otherwise Required To Meet Our Legal Obligations. For Example, If You Make A Purchase, We Will Store Any Personal Information Associated With That Purchase As Long As Required To Fulfill The Order And Meet Our Legal Obligations, Process Any Returns, Provide Customer Service And Support An Enhanced Shopping Experience, Remember Your Preferences For Future Interactions, Or Be Able To Provide You With Tailored Offers Or Services. The Servers And Databases In Which Information May Be Stored Or Processed By WTW And Its Affiliates And Service Providers May Be Located In The U.s., Canada Or Other Jurisdictions Outside The Country From Which You Accessed The Services, And In A Country Where The Data Protection And Other Laws May Differ From Your Country Of Residence. In The Event Personal Information Is Transferred To The U.s. Or Other Foreign Jurisdictions, It Will Be Subject To The Laws Of That Jurisdiction And May Be Disclosed To Or Accessed By The Courts, Law Enforcement And Governmental Authorities In Accordance With Those Laws.
Q: How Does WTW Communicate Changes To This Policy?
Q: Whom Do I Contact If I Have Additional Questions Or Concerns About This Policy?